Some like to keep things the way they are, while some would like to induce a bit of their own style. Talking about windows, there are loads of customization possible for a home user. Most of these are simple tweaks that require a few changes in the registry. While other would require 3rd party software due to the complexity of the procedure involved.
Here let us learn a basic registry tweak that would allow us to have custom background in windows Login screen. Here we GO!
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu search box and press Enter.
2. Go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, change the value of OEMBackground to 1
4. Now go to following folder:
Just copy the above line into address/search bar and press enter.
5. Create a new folder info inside oobe folder and again create a new folder backgrounds inside info folder. So the final path would be:
6. Now copy any of your desired wallpaper into this newly created backgrounds folder. The image must be renamed into backgroundDefault and must only be in JPG format. Formats other than JPG won’t be recognized. Also the size of the image must be less than 256 KB!
7. That’s it! Now you can log off or lock down windows to view the newly customized login screen.